Skip To Main Content

Dual Enrollment

What is DUAL Enrollment?

Simply put, students are taking college classes during high school. Most students take courses at Carroll Community College, but some students attend other area colleges. The requirements are the same as those for an internship.

How do the credits work?

 Students can only take classes that award college credit; which means no remedial courses. A 3-credit college course earns a 1 credit of high school credit.

Can I participate in an internship and concurrent enrollment?

 Yes, some students are able to do both.

I am interested, what should I do?

Let your School Counselor and the Career Coordinator know about your interest. For dual enrollment, students will need to take the college placement test to see if their academic preparation matches the college’s expectation. After students have received placement test scores, bring them to the Career Coordinator. The Career Coordinator will verify the scores and the counselor will adjust the student schedule and begin the paperwork process. All paperwork must be completed FOUR WEEKS before each semester.


  • 94% attendance the semester before release is to take place
  • Service Learning hours completed
  • Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (unweighted)
  • Academically eligible


Carroll Community College uses a placement test called Accuplacer, which is a College board product. Below is general information about the test. The following link that students should use to prepare for the Accuplacer is on the Collegeboard website below:


Dual Enrollment Request Form 2022-2023

Fillable Dual Enrollment - Seniors Only - Spring 2023